Recipe makes 6 servings.
Approximate Cook Time: 30 minutes
3 pounds green beans, fresh, trimmed
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
3 teaspoons coconut oil
3 medium onions, green, sliced
6 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 cup pecans, chopped and roasted
3 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- Heat 1.5 inches water in a medium pot with a steamer basket insert to a boil
- Sprinkle green beans evenly with ¼ teaspoon sea salt (if desired) and place in the basket.
- Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender
- Immediately plunge green beans into ice water to stop cooking. Drain
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high . Add coconut oil when hot.
- Add green onions and rosemary, and sauté 2-3 minutes or until softened
- Add green beans, pecans, lemon rind and remaining sea salt (if desired), stirring until thoroughly heated